Monday, February 16, 2015

Our Regimented Schedule


Below is the Matrix we use every week to follow our recruits through bootcamp.





The letters to the left represent each company as they arrive.  You can see that at the top we will pick up Foxtrot.  We meet our new recruits almost every Friday except when you see an open come around.  These usually represent that there was a holiday either the week they were suppose to enter or a holiday the week they would be graduating.

On the far right you see the 3 phases.  We have the recruits for phase 1 and 3.  During phase 2 they go up to Edson Range at Camp Pendleton. This is also part of the MCRD branch, but there are other senior missionaries there.

If you enlarge the picture, you can see what they are doing each day in boot camp.
We shift the letters down every Sunday and prepare for the next week, pick up, Cake cutting and reception and graduation.

In the meantime we are doing most everything else on Sundays ....There are weeks were we will go and visit recruits in Balboa Hospital. This happens rarely, and I only mention it because last week we were there 3 times :-(

It is amazing when your barely know one of the recruits and then something happens and you are worried, losing sleep, and praying everyday for their recovery.  I think this immediate feeling of love and caring comes as we serve.

I have also continued to create baby quilts for the military families. I am now up to 10.




I try to keep them very simple now so I can produce more in a shorter time....
I did create this quilted pillow this week for one of our dear senior military couples who will leave us soon.  They have helped us every week with the reception and cake cutting for the graduates. We will really miss them!


We recently found out from the Military Relations Group in SLC that the amount of Senior Missionaries is declining.  That is ALL Senior missionaries, not just military, so many of our Seniors will not be replaced when they return home.  This makes me sad, as I have seen how many older missionaries offer so much to all that they serve.  They have many gifts and a year or two out of our lives is nothing compared to the blessing and amazing miracles to be seen.

So to those of you reading this, please pass along the message that more Seniors are needed!!

The gospel is so true and the Lord blesses all of us as we strive to do his work!


No comments:

Post a Comment