One of the military couples is going home soon and wanted to go to the Hotel Del Coronado for lunch. We had a wonderful time!
I collected all these sand dollars and I am drying them out on the window air conditioner. I am not sure what I will do with them....
Once a month we have a FHE just for the military senior missionaries. This month we had a barbecue at our apartment. There is a community grill that we used. I didn't get any pictures of the group, but its the same couples as above.
These are my latest projects. The pillow is for a birthday present and the quilt is for donation for a military family's baby.
Finally, Elder Hodges got a surprise. Four star General Amos (35th Marine Corps Commandant) was the reviewing officer at the graduation this Friday. When he saw Jim, he recognized him!
Turns out they both worked together for the same boss when they were based in Japan.
We love this mission and know it is the perfect one for us.
We love all these young men we get to work with as they face the trials of boot camp.
We know Heavenly Father loves all of his children, so much so, that he sent his only begotten Son to die on the cross for us, so that we could be forgiven and return to live with Him once again!
No comments:
Post a Comment