We went to the Marine Corps Band summer concert this week and after the concert we were invited to attend a reception at the general's house. We only stayed for a few minutes as we needed to go get on the trolley to go to the Embarcadero for the Beach Boys Revival concert.
When we got off the trolley we were right next to the San Diego Convention center. It was so much easier to do than to try to park downtown.
I took some pictures of the views nearby. That is the Coronado Bridge.
You can see the stage where the concert was. I was surprised at how many people were there.
Elder and Sister Storrs got the tickets for us and it was a fun evening.
I took this picture later. I just thought it was pretty. I did not take a picture in the other direction, but the venue is right on the bay and we watched sailboats and other boats come close to listen to the concert for free :-)
After the temple we all gathered at the mission home for lunch and some final items that the departing missionaries had to do.
We got to see one very special missionary that we served with at MCRD for many months. He was an AP and so good at keeping track of all of our visitors on Sunday.
Elder Hodges and Elder Myler
President Schmitt and his wife having a last talk with the departing missionaries.
It was during this time that we got the word that President Packer had passed. He was such a wonderful apostle and leader for many years.
We know we are on the Lord's errand as we serve here and see many miracles. We are strengthened every day with the inspiration we receive and hearing the testimonies of these future marines.



No comments:
Post a Comment