I have been volunteering at the Navy Marine Corps Relief Society for the whole time we have been here on the mission. I was going to work in the office, but I did not know enough about the other bases in the area and it required a lot of training. When Isabel said they needed people to make baby blankets for the military all over the country, I knew what I could do!!
Isabel has served as the director of NMCRS for the last 3 years and decided it was time for her to move on and fulfill some other dreams. I loved working with her and she was always smiling, positive and up lifting. The pictures below are from her farewell. Elder Hodges even came with me.
We got to spend time with Brother and Sister Tupou, who also came. Sister Tupou was serving as a volunteer also. She went through the extensive training.
This is my latest quilt for a woman who works in the same building counseling military members. She picked the fabric for her one and only grandson. I used the Accuquilt go to cut the 6 1/2 inch triangles. So much quicker and more accurate too.
Finally, I loved the talk at Women's Conference this past Saturday by President Uchtdorf. I printed this and placed it on the wall in our mission apartment so I can always remember to have joy in the journey!!
cute quilt. :) At first glance I thought it was an old fashioned one with tiny strips pieced together or ticking.
ReplyDelete