Thursday, November 26, 2015

Senior missionaries are fun!

We have been helping Elder and Sister Moore on Thursday nights for the past 8 weeks as they taught the resiliency lessons for the military.  It is a program developed by the church for those military families who are dealing with deployments and how to strengthen their families through it all.


 Elder and Sister Moore were both teachers in Virginia and it was very evident in the instruction they gave these military families.


We also supported Elder and Sister Glahn as they put on a FHE for the military in their mission area.
It was fun and Elder Glahn is so talented. He has played in bands, told his conversion story and sang some very funny songs.  We were laughing so much!


Finally, I said I would show the quilt I have been working on for one of the FROs (Family Readiness Officer) who has served for three years and is leaving.
Sister Jones, who's husband is active duty, asked me to do this.  I gave her blank squares and she had everyone share messages of thanks for Michelle.


I gave her a large square for the center and she had the battalion emblem put on it and I think it really makes the quilt.
Another tender mercy story was I ended up with a blank gray square on the bottom and she said it was a wonderful blessing because the executive officer was gone when she had everyone sign squares and it was so good there was a blank one for him!

I have been working on gift for those we serve with and it makes me happy!!

We feel so blessed to serve all of these young men and to have so many who support and serve with us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment