Monday, February 1, 2016

A Lovely visit with Friends... (lots of pictures)

We had a visit last week from our good friends Greg and Susan Talley from New York.
They enjoyed the great weather and we enjoyed having them here.  We shared some touring with them. Jim gave them a tour of the Midway and showed them his A-6 Intruder on the deck.



 After our Midway tour we went to the Maritime Museum which was just down the street.  We got to go inside a submarine as well as several old sailing ships. We really enjoyed it.  I wanted to take pictures of some of the paintings we saw and share them (especially for Becky :-)






 I loved the old ships. Below is the Star of India.


Wednesday we went to the Air and Space Museum in Balboa Park and they had a special exhibition focusing on Leonardo da Vinci.
 I did not know he was such a prolific inventor.  I only knew about his paintings.


 Leonardo's Robot!

The rest of these pictures are from the air and space museum also.  Jim was a great tour guide with his knowledge of the various aircraft.


 A model of the A-6 Intruder.


We had a wonderful week with great friends and great fun!  We are so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment