Monday, October 13, 2014

Another exciting week!

Yesterday we had two baptisms and I thought I would show a picture of the font we use.  It is so small that the recruits have to kneel and bend forward to go all the way under, but it works right?!



We have been attending graduations every Friday and also have had our Thursday LDS family receptions.  It is hard to tell how many Marines will show up with their families because they have lots of other activities on family day.

I have been teaching every Sunday to many of the recruits that have been inactive since they were children or teens. It is interesting that they realize the importance of turning to the Lord as they struggle through boot camp.  We just do the basic Preach My Gospel lessons.

Other news:  I had a meeting with the Navy Marine Corps Relief Society this week about possible volunteer opportunities.   At first, I thought I could answer phones, etc., but I quickly realized that I did not know enough about the military bases or anything else in the area to be able to answer any questions the callers may have.  I talked to the director and she said they have an urgent need for baby quilts/blankets as they give one to all the families that are having children not just at MCRD, but also at other bases nearby.  She also wants me to help with mailings they send to new parents.
No problem!!  Right after the interview, we immediately headed to JoAnn Fabrics for baby quilt supplies.  I am so happy to be able to do this as a volunteer activity because it allows me to work whenever I have some time.


Today was the day we do our errands, etc. but, afterwards we still had a little time and went to the Mormon Battalion site.  What a wonderful place!  We learned the history and it was fun too!




No comments:

Post a Comment