It provides a chance for us to recognize those LDS Marines who will be graduating and we get to meet their families.
The week before, I call all the families and invite them to come and celebrate with us.
This past week was Bravo Company's graduation. It was also a special occasion for one of our LDS marines as he became an American citizen. (He was from Tonga) He invited us to the ceremony and we enjoyed seeing it.
I have mentioned how hectic Sundays are partly because everything takes place in the same room, sacrament, priesthood, interviews and missionary lessons. I finally was able to get some pictures of the room to give you an idea of what it looks like.
In the above picture you see the newest marines of Echo Company standing in front.
The Branch Presidency goes to each one to congratulate them and give them their LDS serviceman tag.


No comments:
Post a Comment