After graduation one came up to us and gave me a hug and thanked us for helping him become a Marine. We only support and help them by reminding them the Lord loves them and He will help them in all that they desire to do.
For about six weeks now, I have been making baby quilts to be given to military families who need them. So far, I have completed five baby quilts. It is a nice volunteer job because I can work on it any time I have a minute at the apartment.
This week as I dropped off the baby quilt the Director of the Navy Marine Corps Relief Society told me they just had one of my quilts that was picked by a wounded soldier for his new baby.
I wish I could have been there, but I can imagine the smile and it makes me happy...
Elder Hodges and I will also be helping with babysitting the children of military parents on the Saturday after Thanksgiving so the parents can go Christmas shopping ...... :-)




No comments:
Post a Comment