Monday, December 1, 2014

Giving Thanks!

We have so many things to be thankful for.  We are blessed with a wonderful family, children, grandchildren and so many dear friends.
Last week, I was feeling very homesick. I suppose it was inevitable to happen, but I thought it wouldn't....
I was missing my children and grandchildren.  Even tho we can talk on the phone or face time, unlike the younger missionaries who can only call home two times a year.

For Thanksgiving we went to Glendora California, two hours away (again as Senior Missionaries we have more privileges).  I have an Aunt and Uncle who live there and cousins too.  I have never been to their home as they have always lived here and I have lived in the east.

The above picture is my cousin, Bruce and his beagle, Lola
Below is Aunt Maureen and Uncle Richard Myer (my dad's brother)
Uncle Richard is a wonderful artist and sells his bronze sculptures. We had a chance to go out to his shop and see all the fabulous art!



Below is my cousin Laurie, she had two of her children there with their spouses to share a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner.

Yesterday, we had FIVE baptisms!! Amazing!
The young elders we have serving at the Marine Corps Base are so great at teaching.  The member recruits are also good at bringing their friends to church and sharing their testimonies with others in their platoons.

I have the opportunity to teach gospel fundamentals class to the newly baptized.  They are so humble and teachable.  I know they feel the spirit because I am often close to tears as I share the simple doctrines of the gospel.

I know our Heavenly Father loves all of his children more than we can possibly understand in this mortal sphere.  I am constantly thankful for His guidance as I serve each day here at MCRD.

I am also thankful for the service of these very awesome young men that have committed themselves to becoming United States Marines and working to preserve our country's freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment