Friday, May 8, 2015

Mission Leader Conference and recognition.....

We were asked to help serve lunch for the Mission Leadership conference this week.
We had fun with all these missionaries. They are so appreciative.




As I have said before, I volunteer at the Navy Marine Corps Relief Society.
I make baby quilts for the military families. This is the thirteenth one.

 On Tuesday, I was invited to a volunteer recognition luncheon and it was great!
These two gals are so wonderful to work with. Isabel and Sarah are always smiling and so happy when I come in to donate.



 I was in shock when I received three awards!! One with the bag, certificate, pin, backpack and shirts for over 300 hours, one was a certificate from the California congressman and flowers with two other women who donate their time.  I was so surprised!


We were able to celebrate with Golf Company as they graduated this week.  This marine was so excited to see his wife to be.  They will be married in the temple on Tuesday during his leave.
We also got to share in the ordination of one of the graduating marines.  We had to wait until Friday so all of his brothers and their families could be there.




We have been so blessed and constantly see the hand of the Lord in our work here.

1 comment:

  1. Goodness ... you are so busy making beautiful quilts ... I am thinking you must dream "quilts" ... and they are all just gorgeous. I am NOT surprised you got three awards :) Pauline R xox

    ReplyDelete