Sunday, May 17, 2015

Touring and a profound testimony.

This week I got to go to a quilt and craft show with two other senior sisters. We had a great time shopping and enjoying the crafters.  We even attending a quilt learning session.

While the sisters were in Del Mar, Jim, Elder Hussey and Elder Storrs went to the midway and also had a tour of the Mercy Hospital ship.




Jim said they had many (12-16)  operating rooms and the hallways were very wide in comparison to the aircraft carriers.  Probably to accommodate the gurneys.


I have been wanting to go to the Mingei International Museum in Balboa park for some time.  
I had my cardiology appointment this week at the Balboa Medical Center so it was the perfect time to go.

 This dragon was outside the entrance and is all made of mosaic tiles.  Very detailed and colorful.

Of course, I loved many of the textiles and took pictures of all the quilts. Here are a few.
I love the Baltimore Album quilts and I am determined to make one in the future.
These were all hand quilted and amazing.



 This is an old quilt, but looking at the pattern, I thought I can make a replica of the pattern with embroidery in the center.  I love it!



 I also loved this doll house with the antique furnishings and dolls. Very fun!



 I need to show off a gift quilt I made for the protocol officer's grandson.  He is due in August and she specifically wanted monkeys.  This was quilted on my very small, older machine, because that is all I could bring with us on the mission in the car. I hope she likes it.....


Finally, I need to share a miracle this week.  Every Sunday we ask two of the recruits to share their testimonies at the beginning of sacrament meeting.  Last Sunday, Brother Hager shared this testimony:

 I was in the chow hall when another recruit came up to me (not a member of the church) and asked if he could get a priesthood blessing.  He had heard of others being healed with a blessing.  He told Brother Hager that he had had a nightmare where he could not breathe and had died.  It scared him very much.  Brother Hager found a quiet spot and gave this man a blessing. In the blessing he was told to have faith in the Lord and he would be saved in times of peril.
Brother Hager then went back to MRP (base medical as he had a small issue).  During his time at MRP, in walks the same young man he had given a priesthood blessing to.  When the young man saw Brother Hager, he immediately ran to him with tears in his eyes and related the story of how he ended up in medical.  He was on the repelling tower about to jump off, he had the rope in his hands loosely when his Drill Instructor pushed him off.  The rope wound itself around his neck and he was hung!  He told Brother Hager that he felt angels lifting him up and pairs of hands pinning him to the wall of the tower.  Now they were both in tears.  Brother Hager said he is so glad he holds the priesthood and was able to be an instrument in the Lord's hands to bless this young man.

As I listened to this testimony, I too, was in tears, both because of the faith of a young man that had only heard of priesthood blessings and also because of the faith of Brother Hager in using and being worthy to use the priesthood power given him.

We know that Heavenly Father loves ALL of his children and desires to bless each one.  We only need to ask in faith, believing.  We are so grateful to be able to share in the miracles while we are here serving the Lord and his children.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. That story is amazing, such a miracle! Also, I love the monkey quilt, it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That story is amazing, such a miracle! Also, I love the monkey quilt, it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is lovely! ... and the quilts you photographed are lovely too! Thank you for sharing that miracle ... it strengthens my testimony so much when I hear of our Heavenly Father's love for ALL of His children. You are in our thoughts and prayers ... Pauline Ricker xox

    ReplyDelete